Welcome 2021 Red Players and Families!
This is our 4th season coaching and Coach Graff and I can't wait to get the season started.
Some of you have been playing over the extra LONG break... and some of you haven't. Over next week it will be important for ALL of you to hit the wall, play some catch, do some ground balls and go for a run or 2 (or 3 or 4) --> Yes ... all 4 of those.
I will send out and post a LS Wall Ball Challenge in a separate note.
1. Please arrive on time - I know there are some conflicts. We'll work around them, but we only have a solid hour for warmups, skills/drills and situational coaching
2. WEAR A REVERSABLE pinny to ALL practices. Due to COVID, we will NOT have colored pinnies. This will save a lot of time as we split into drills (I might have a few leftover practice pinnies and I will bring them if you do not have one). Your game jersey will work, too (once they are handed out)
3. Masks - We'll be wearing them. As mentioned in the earlier email - Founders League COVID protocols will be emailed separately
4. Buy two mouthguards. Just cuz ya gotta mask on doesn’t mean you get to skip the mouthguards. The extra is because I have coached a lot of you before (cough cough Maddie, Kenzie, LYDIA!!!)
1. For ALL GAMES --> arrive at the field 30 minutes prior to each scheduled game - to gear up warmup and listen up
2. 90% of our games will be at the same location as the 7/8 Blue team which could translate into additional playing time if the opportunity presents itself
3. I will try to find out what the field surface is prior to each game (for those with turf shoes).
I will email AND post all emails to our team page: TEAMS >> CHOOSE A TEAM >> SUDBURY 7/8 RED. You’ll be asked to log-in using the credentials used to register. If you can't find an email, check the team page.
One final note … I really want this to be fun. We are going to work hard, but we’ll have some fun along the way. I’ve been involved in the sport as a player, coach and parent for a LONG time …the fun factor is important!
I think that covers most everything that was not covered in the original email. Looking forward to a great season! Feel free to email me with any questions (
Now Hit The wall!